State of the IoT Q3/Q4 2018 & Short-term Outlook 2019
58-page PDF presenting a comprehensive overview of the State of the IoT in Q3/Q4 2018. This IoT Market Report is based on insights from the whole IoT Analytics Analyst Team and was compiled for IoT Analytics subscription customers.
THE MARKET REPORT INCLUDES
• 48 insights on the current market environment.
• Market breakdowns by industries, tech stack and region.
• Emerging topic discussions on AR, Data Privacy, Autonomous Driving, Electric Vehicles, Blockchain, 3D Printing and AI.
• Top IoT stories of 2018 on partnerships, market initiatives, funding, M&A deals, and from both an industrial and consumer perspective.
• Insights provided with examples and proof points uncovered in the last 6 months by leading more than 100 expert interviews, attending 18 industry conferences, and listening to various briefing and analyst calls.
• Continued strong growth in Q3/Q4. After reporting an acceleration in growth across IoT markets in Q1/Q2, that growth remained stable and strong throughout Q3/Q4 2018.
• Slightly cautious market outlook for the next 12 months. The global economic climate is cooling down and with it IoT vendors as well as prominent IoT end-users are lowering their forecasts and reducing investments and Capex, most notably in the hardware / semiconductor industry.
• ROI is starting to be less of an issue for end-users. In 2016 “unclear ROI” was ranked the #2 barrier to adoption for IoT solutions, however recent research suggests that ROI is becoming less and less of an inhibitor topic.
• Continued strong IoT investment activity but high funding and exit multiples. Overall investments in IoT startups has stabilized ($3.3B in 2018) but it is getting more and more difficult to identify attractive investment targets at an affordable price.
• Many companies grow their IoT revenues through services (not necessarily recurring software/connectivity revenue). Very few IoT firms have substantial recurring software revenue today. The complexity and depth of IoT solutions continues to call for many tailored services and customized solutions. IoT services are almost always part of the equation of selling IoT solutions.
These are 5 of 48 insights that are detailed further in the report with relevant examples/proof-points.
See also a related blog post from the previous State of the IoT 2018 Q1/Q2 report.
Request a sample of the State of the IoT Update 2018 Q3/Q4 Market Report:
OUR INSIGHTS ARE TRUSTED BY: