Discover in-depth data on global IoT chipset shipments, revenue, and wholesale ASPs
Understand past, present, and future IoT market data, with all relevant data points at your fingertips.
The IoT Analytics Global Cellular IoT Chipset Dashboard provides an in-depth look at the quarterly market for cellular IoT chipsets. With over 170 thousand data points, the dashboard allows for detailed drill-down options per region, technology, industry, and company. The tool gets updated with the most recent data every six months.
It contains global data points for:
- 13 companies
- 116 unique model-level chipsets
- 10 regions
- 8 technology splits
- 11 industry verticals
Discover the tool
Global Cellular IoT Chipset Dashboard
Latest data releases
Key insights In Q1 2023, global cellular IoT module revenue declined 6% YoY; shipments declined 16%. The key reasons for the decline are: 1. Cautious end-user spending; 2. Inventory reductions; and 3. Chip supply issues. The top five cellular IoT module companies—Quectel, Fibocom, Telit Cinterion, Sierra Wireless, and LG Innotek—currently account for 66% of the global market. The Q1 market weakness is seen as a bump in the road, with six billion cellular IoT connections expected by 2027,...
20 million cellular IoT chips missing in 2021 due to global supply shortage as Qualcomm continues to lead the market
Download chart as a .gif file Key Insights Demand for 20 million cellular IoT chipsets will not be met in 2021 due to a supply shortage. According to IoT Analytics' latest report on cellular IoT chipsets, the industry is expected to see a much lower than possible growth of 9% year-over-year (YoY) in 2021. At the same time, prices are expected to increase sharply. Qualcomm leads the global cellular IoT chipset market with a market share of 43% in 2020 (based on shipments). Download report...
What we do to update the data every 6 months
- Constant monitoring of investor relations documents and news releases for hundreds of IoT companies and specifically the 33 companies that are part of this tracker.
- Industry-level forecasting based on revenue estimations of chipset vendors, module companies, and network operators.
- Interviewing of numerous senior IoT experts from connectivity chipset vendors, module companies and network operators.
- Approximating missing data using several indicators such as general country KPIs (e.g., GDP, population), number of companies supporting or adopting the technology, in a specific region or announcements of network roll-outs and deployments, etc.
Access the full version for hands-on help on your IoT cellular journey
Understand the global cellular IoT market: market size, market growth, players, technologies, and pricing trends, including forecasts until 2026
Receive semi-annual data updates
Slice and dice the data according to your individual needs (e.g., by region or cellular connectivity technology)
Use the data to make better decisions in your profession
Our insights are trusted by
Individual Pricing and Bundles
Gain access to the Global Cellular IoT Chipset dashboard for as little as $1,000 per month
For unrestricted access to the data you need the Corporate Research Subscription 2021—Global Cellular IoT Chipset package:
- Slice and dice the data per metric, region, technology, and company
- Download as a CSV file
Get in touch with us
Please fill out all details, and we will get back to you shortly.