Discover in-depth data on 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, NB-IoT, LTE-M, LoRa, Sigfox, and other LPWA
Understand past, present, and future IoT market data, with all relevant data points at your fingertips.
The IoT Analytics Global Cellular IoT Connectivity & LPWA Dashboard provides an in-depth look at the quarterly cellular IoT connectivity market. With over 3.7 thousand data points, the dashboard allows for detailed drill-down options per year or quarter, category, technology, and operator. The tool gets updated with the most recent data every six months.
It contains global data points for:
- 20 cellular IoT operators
- 8 IoT connectivity technologies
- 5 region splits
- 4 key countries
Discover the tool
Global Cellular IoT & LPWA Connectivity Dashboard
Latest data releases
IoT connections market update—May 2022 The chip shortage continues to slow the Internet of Things (IoT) market recovery, according to our latest State of IoT—Spring 2022 report, released in May 2022. The number of global IoT connections grew by 8% in 2021 to 12.2 billion active endpoints, representing significantly lower growth than in previous years. Despite a booming demand for IoT solutions and positive sentiment in the IoT community as well as in most IoT end markets, IoT Analytics expects...
In short The low-power wide-area network (LPWAN) market had strong growth over the past two years despite COVID-19 and chipset shortages, according to the latest LPWAN Market Report 2021–2026.Four technologies account for over 95% of the global installed base.Adoption is strongest in China and the smart metering use case.The migration away from second generation/third generation (2G/3G) technology is happening slowly, while low-power satellite IoT connectivity is increasing. Why it matters?...
What we do to update the data every 6 months
- Constant monitoring of investor relations documents and news releases for hundreds of IoT companies and specifically the 33 companies that are part of this tracker.
- Industry-level forecasting based on revenue estimations of chipset vendors, module companies, and network operators.
- Interviewing of numerous senior IoT experts from connectivity chipset vendors, module companies and network operators.
- Approximating missing data using several indicators such as general country KPIs (e.g., GDP, population), number of companies supporting or adopting the technology, in a specific region or announcements of network roll-outs and deployments, etc.
Our trackers and dashboards
Global IoT Enterprise Spending Dashboard
Global Cellular IoT Connectivity & LPWA Tracker
Global Cellular IoT Modules Tracker
Global Cellular IoT Chipsets Tracker
Average selling price (ASP)
By connectivity technology
By technology stack element
By industry (IoT segment)
By industry (ISIC rev. 4)
By use case
Access the full version for hands-on help on your IoT connectivity journey
Understand the global cellular IoT & LPWA market: market size, market growth, players, technologies, and pricing trends, including forecasts until 2026
Receive semi-annual data updates
Slice and dice the data according to your individual needs (e.g., by region or cellular connectivity technology)
Use the data to make better decisions in your profession
Our insights are trusted by
Individual Pricing and Bundles
Gain access to the Global Cellular IoT & LPWA dashboard for as little as $1,000 per month
For unrestricted access to the data, you need the Corporate Research Subscription 2021—Global Cellular IoT Connectivity package:
- Slice and dice the data per metric, region, technology, and company
- Download as a CSV file
Get in touch with us
Please fill out all details, and we will get back to you shortly.