Hannover Messe 2022—the latest Industrial IoT / Industry 4.0 trends
56-page PDF presenting a comprehensive summary of the key highlights and 26 in-depth insights assembled by the IoT Analytics analyst team at Hannover Messe 2022. These insights are based on >230 booth visits, >100 individual interviews, and attendance of several presentations. 9 analysts were present for a total of 25 days.
- Software has become front and center (even for hardware companies). The majority of showcases at the fair seemed software-related.
- Push to the cloud continues (but some software stays on-premises). The fact that AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft attracted some of the biggest crowds shows just how important these companies have become, even in the conservative manufacturing industry.
- Artificial intelligence is further coming up. AI was one of the most prevalent themes showcased by exhibitors. We ran the analysis and found that around 16% of all exhibitors offer AI solutions.
- Private 5G is here but has not moved beyond pilots. Although many vendors had private 5G networks operational at their booths, the topic has not yet moved out of pilot purgatory.
- Sustainability at the center of attention. Several companies dedicated their entire HMI showcase to sustainability.
Further insights can be found in the report with relevant examples/proof-points.
IoT Analytics’ blog post “The top 20 industrial technology trends – as showcased at Hannover Messe 2022” is derived from the report.
This report includes:
- 26 in-depth insights with examples/proof-points and interview highlights.
- Summary & Key Highlights (General impressions, exhibitor sentiment, most dicussed tech topics, most eye-catching exhibits, …)
- Software, Cloud, & AI Insights (CAD, PLM, software architecture, UI, dashboards, digital twin, machine learning, industrial data lakes, synthetic data, process/production automation, AI-based visual inspection, predictive maintenance, …).
- Edge & Industry 4.0 Insights (Smart factory, virtual PLC, wireless sensors, remote maintenance, robotics, …)
- Connectivity & 5G Insights (enhanced wireless WAN, private 5G, wireless industrial connectivity, OPC UA, …)
- Supply Chain Insights (Supply chain software, supply chain digital twin)