Hannover Messe 2019 – The latest Industrial IoT / Industrie 4.0 trends
40-page PDF presenting a comprehensive summary of insights the IoT Analytics analyst team at Hannover Fair 2019.
These insights are based on >150 booth visits, >80 individual interviews and attendance of >20 presentations. 3 analysts were present for a total of 10 days: Matthew Wopata, Misha Rykov, Knud Lasse Lueth.
This market report includes:
- 55 insights with examples/proof-points and interview highlights.
- Industrial building block insights (Applications/SaaS, Platform & Analytics, Connectivity, Hardware)
- Supporting technology insights (Robotics, AR, Machine Vision, …).
- Use Case insights. (Predictive Maintenance, Equipment-as-a-service, …)
- Individual company insights (Siemens, Bosch, Microsoft, …).
- 5G was the most discussed industrial technology topic. Media analysis revealed that 5G was the most mentioned topic, besides the terms IoT, Cloud, Platforms, and MES.
- IoT was everywhere. Vendors of all types and sizes where touting their new “connected” and and “IoT” products.
- Cloud firms stole the show. The booths of cloud vendors had the highest traffic during the fair.
- Cobots – robots are becoming mobile and collaborative. Leading collaborative vendors had large booths promoting their cobots and its safer and easier use.
- Digital twin – physical devices get their virtual counterpart. A number of companies were showing how they have started to develop a digital software replica of some of their assets.
- Predictive Maintenance – becoming part of the overall maintenance workstream. Many companies showed off the trialing predictive maintenance of their assets.
Further insights can be found in the report with relevant examples/proof-points.
Request a sample of the Hannover Messe 2019 – The latest Industrial IoT / Industrie 4.0 trends market report: