Industrial IoT and Industry 4.0 Case Study Report 2022
The Industrial IoT and Industry 4.0 Case Study Report 2022 is part of IoT Analytics’ ongoing coverage of Industrial IoT & Industry 4.0. The information presented in this report is based on detailed case study presentations from 12 predominantly European manufacturers collected between January 2021 to March 2022. Each case study includes different details about the implementations – as told and prioritized by the companies themselves.
The main purpose of this document is to help our readers understand examples of current IoT projects including technological details, key challenges and best-practices.
Questions answered in this report:
- What are 12 selected manufacturers prioritizing in respect to IIoT, Industry 4.0, private 5G, and AI?
- What are some of the technical details of the 12 implementations (e.g., architecture, AI setup, etc.)?
- What are some of the organizational and business details of the 12 implementations?
- What are some of the outcomes of the implementations?
- What are some of the challenges these companies encountered and what did they do to solve that?
- What are some of the key learnings that can be passed on to other manufacturers?
At a glance:
This report looks at 12 real-life IIoT/Industry 4.0 case studies of (predominantly European) manufacturers:
- Four holistic digital transformation case studies
- Six AI case studies
- Two 5G-focused case studies
The report looks at various aspects, such as key enablers, challenges and solutions, implementation, and vendor relationships.
Selected companies from the report:
Companies in this report include:
- A German food & beverage company
- A US automotive manufacturer
- A European chemicals company
- Two multinational German automotive suppliers
- A European food packaging and processing machinery manufacturer
- A multinational engineering and technology company
- And more…