State of IoT—Spring 2022
The State of IoT—Spring 2022 is a comprehensive 114-page report on the current state of the Internet of Things, including a market update and forecast, latest trends, IoT spending update, and more. This IoT market report is based on insights from the whole IoT Analytics analyst team and was compiled for IoT Analytics subscription customers.
The report includes:
- Numerous insights on the current market environment, including a look at 8 key macro indicators, 8 macro themes to watch out for, and how these themes affect IoT and broader technology markets.
- Key technology themes (analysis of CEO discussions from earnings call transcript incl. an analysis of 6 themes that have changed significantly in the last 3 years)
- IoT market update and outlook (update on the number of global IoT connections by connection type and key drivers; updated global IoT enterprise spending (May 2022) by region, industry, and tech stack; the impact of 16 macro factors on IoT markets; spending on use case specific software applications; latest IoT revenue/segment revenue of 30 IoT vendors)
- Major recent IoT announcements and news (a roundup of recent news headlines with IoT relevance covering regulations, bugs & vulnerabilities, new product launches, sustainability, etc.)
- Analyst take on IoT trends and developments (a discussion of 26 current IoT trends uncovered by the IoT Analytics team across 5 topics: General IoT environment, IoT cloud and software, IoT hardware and connectivity, IIoT and AIoT)
- Regional analysis (current sentiment and IoT growth projections across 4 major world regions, backed up by quotes from C-level executives)
- Vertical analysis (Current sentiment and IoT growth projections across 20 industry verticals, backed up by quotes from C-level executives)
- Tech stack analysis (current sentiment and IoT growth projections across 11 IoT tech stack elements, backed up by quotes from C-level executives)
- Investment and M&A highlights (a roundup of the 100 largest IoT startup funding rounds and 91 IoT-related acquisitions in the last 9 months)
- Round up of the IoT year 2021 (the 10 most important IoT-related developments of 2021)
IoT Analytics’ blog post “State of IoT 2022: Number of connected IoT devices growing 18% to 14.4 billion globally” is derived from the report.