State of the IoT 2018 – Analyst Insights from Q1/Q2 2018
56-page PDF presenting a comprehensive overview of the State of the IoT in Q1/Q2 2018. This IoT Market Report is based on insights from the whole IoT Analytics Analyst Team and was compiled for IoT Analytics subscription customers.
This market report includes:
- 50 insights on the current market environment
- Market breakdowns by industries, tech stack and region
- Insights provided with examples and proof points uncovered in the last 6 months by leading more than 100 expert interviews, attending 16 industry conferences, and listening to various briefing and analyst calls
- Market acceleration in Q1/Q2. Overall, growth in IoT markets across all verticals accelerated in Q1/Q2 2018 as many end-users doubled down on their IoT initiatives.
- Fewer radical new innovations. New technology innovations around IoT are becoming more scarce. Innovation is mostly centered around edge-to-cloud concepts as well as the underlying cybersecurity architectures
- End-users take a more holistic approach. IoT often still starts in small and uncoordinated POC and pilot projects. However, it is becoming evident that more and more end-users take a holistic approach at the topic.
- Cloud Vendors eyeing the hardware space to improve interoperability and performance. Microsoft, Amazon, and Google all recently announced their own hardware that seamlessly helps to connect to the cloud.
There are 4 of 50 insights that are detailed further in the report with relevant examples/proof-points.
See also the related blog post here.