IOT Investment and M&A Market Update 2018
38-page PDF presenting a comprehensive overview of the IoT Investments and M&A activity. The summary information presented here is based on extensive research and comprehensive market analysis of data sets from January 2017 to June 2018 – mostly supplied by Postscapes.
The purpose of this document is to inform interested parties of the state, growth and details of investments and M&A activity in the global IoT Market – through the IoT Analytics research lens. The data provided was validated and classified by IoT Analytics. In addition to collaboration with Postscapes for data gathering, several questions were put to the IoT Analytics Research Panel of Technology Experts made up of investment and M&A industry experts to get their view and outlook on the IoT investment space.
This report answers the following questions:
- Which companies have received the highest funding in the IoT space?
- How have funding amounts developed in the past quarters (by investment type and investment round)?
- Which were the biggest recent acquisitions uncovered in the IoT space?
- In which regions and segments have acquisitions taken place?
- What are some typical revenue multiples paid?
- Which challenges do investors in IoT currently have and what areas are they looking at?
- What do investors think about the current IoT investment scene and its future outlook?
- The last 12 months saw $3.3B in total recorded IoT investments
- The total number of acquisitions/exits saw a new record in Q2/2018 (27 in total)
- Positive Outlook. All investors rated the outlook as either “stable” (33%) or expect an increase in IoT investments in the coming 12 months (67%).
- Investors find it increasingly difficult to find attractive IoT startups
See also the related blog post with additional information here.
Request a sample of the IoT Investment and M&A Market Update 2018: