Smart cities add digital intelligence to existing urban systems creating a pervasive, integrated, and intelligent city environment where IoT solutions are used to seamlessly interconnect, interact, control, and provide insights about the various silos of fragmented systems within cities.
This Smart City research stream covers a range of sub-segments and their corresponding IoT solutions such as:
• Connected Streetlights
• Intelligent transportation e.g., smart parking, connected traffic systems, autonomous vehicles
• Smart utilities e.g., smart metering for electricity, water, gas; smart bins for waste management
• Electric vehicles e.g., charging stations, connected infrastructure
• Public safety e.g., first responder, weather monitoring, video surveillance
• Other e.g., smart governance, citizen engagement, open data